How many of these can you say “Yes” to?
- I can clearly articulate who I am professionally: my skills, my value, and how what and who I am right now is a match for what the market wants.
- When people ask me what I do, I answer with a summary of my professional skills (and I don’t simply name my employer).
- I have looked ahead (1, 5 or 10 years) and have a vision for what I want my life to look like, and how my career fits therein. I have shared that vision with my significant other.
- My network is full of people from both my personal and professional lives. My top ten most valuable contacts could introduce me to their key contacts in a way that accurately describes who I am and what my goals and interests are.
- I have thought about exploring or have explored alternate ways of working (e.g., working remotely, consulting, owning my own business, working on a project basis).
- I am not overly afraid of losing my job or my current situation because I have the resources and the confidence to create my “what’s next.”
- I embrace that I am the driver of my own career. Therefore, I am vigilant about other career options, I ask myself what my next move should be (and plan accordingly), and I regularly connect with my most valuable contacts (and I seek out other potentially valuable contacts).
If you are like most, you have more no’s than yes’s. Convert your no’s in 2015!
Do you want to know more? Check out our coaching options here!