Do any of these describe you?
I want to DEFINE my Career Happiness
- I know there is something out there that will make me happy or happier at work, but I don’t know what it is.
- I am pretty happy at work, but have a life transition coming up and know I should take a look at my career, and probably make some type of change.
- I am stuck in a job or career that is unfulfilling, not the best use of my skills, or just plain makes me miserable.
I want to GET my Career Happiness
- I know what I want in my next job or career, but I’m not sure how to get it.
- I have been in a job search for a while and am not getting the results I want.
- I am starting a job search or considering one, and want to make sure it is well planned and executed, and that I have the right skills to find the job I want.
I want to OWN my Career Happiness
- I am pretty happy where I am but I want to learn how to look ahead or around and take proactive steps to ensure I stay happy and satisfied, regardless of unforeseen organizational or personal changes.
- I am relatively satisfied today, but am not sure I like where my career is headed. I need a clear strategy and plan to continue to grow and develop so that my career stays aligned with my values, interests, and skills.
- I need an objective “eye” on my career, someone who will understand me, my goals, my strengths, and my barriers to success, and will encourage me, coach me, and hold me accountable.
How we can help
Our “Career Happiness” Program
If you are serious about Defining, Getting and Owning your Career Happiness, no matter where you are in your career, this program is for you. We like to say we “meet you where you are,” so your program will be customized to meet your goals. For example:
- Job Change
If you are already in or are considering starting a job search, we work with you to develop your professional identity and profile, your communications strategy (LinkedIn profile, resume, and core messages), your networking skills and plan, your target company list that is focused on your desired outcomes, and prepare you to rock your interviews.
- Career Change, Reboot or Refresh
If you want to explore where you are now, where you have been or where you want to go, we guide you through the process, asking the hard questions, helping you see and articulate your professional self right now. We work with you to figure out your best options and develop a plan to get there.
What we work on together:
- Career-to-Date Review and Exploration of Future Options
We can help you evaluate your career, either short or long term. Includes assessment as appropriate.
Outcome: Better self-awareness and clarity around your career goals and vision.
- Communication Strategy Development
Your resume, LinkedIn profile, and core messages are critical as you position yourself for success in today’s market.
Outcome: A finished resume, LinkedIn profile, and core messages. In other words, your “professional story” so that people know what you want them to know about you.
- Networking Skills and Target List Development
It is no secret that building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships is a core skill and key action to not only a productive job search, but to proactive career management. A target list based on your skills, interests, and goals is often the secret weapon to getting the job you want.
Outcome: Development of your networking strategy and your target list and a greater ability to effectively utilize them in your “career happiness” quest.
- Interview Skill Development, Preparation and Practice
You work hard to get to the interview , whether that interview is in person, phone or Skype, outside or inside your current organization. And too often, it all falls apart in the interview. Don’t let that happen to you. We will work with you to get you ready to shine in an authentic way versus memorizing and spewing answers to questions based on what you think the interviewer wants to hear.
Outcome: Although there are no guarantees that you will get the job or even move to the next level of interviews, you will be better prepared, more confident, and in a better position to show up with the edge you need.
- If you want to control your “career destiny,” and create a roadmap instead of relying on others to tell you what is best for you, this is for you.
- Maybe you dream of being your own boss, of reinventing yourself someday, or of building a life that includes a career, but isn’t ruled by it. You may even be relatively happy where you are now, but you know the responsibility of staying that way is up to you.
- Partner with one of our experienced Career Advisors to take a good look at where you’ve been, and where you want your career to go. We’ll work with you, side by side, to create the map to get there.
Career Coaching Request Form